Ulla Luhtasela is currently leading the Nordic Regulatory and Scientific Affairs function at Nestlé Nordics. She has been part of the Nestlé Regulatory affairs community since 2012. Previously she has been working as a Senior Officer at The Finnish Food Safety Authority, being responsible for pesticide residues and contaminants in food. She has also worked as a scientist at The Finnish Food and Veterinary Research Center performing risk assessments for chemical threats in food. During her career she has also lectured in several “Better Training for Safer Food” -conferences organized by the European Commission to Member states, as one of the tutors in several different programs.
She has two Master Degrees: One in Chemistry, obtained from the University of Turku in Finland. Second one in Toxicology, from the Asian Institute of Technology in Thailand
- Member of The Finnish Food and Drink Industries’ Federation Baby food association
- Member of The Finnish Food and Drink Industries’ Federation Food legislation association
- Member of The Finnish Food and Drink Industries’ Federation Coffee association
- Member of The Finnish Food and Drink Industries’ Federation food tax association
- Member of the Finnish glass recycling association (SKY)
In the past:
- Member of Nordic pesticide residue cooperation group
- Secretary of National “chemical contaminants” cooperation group
- Member of National “import and export” cooperation group
- Member of National “pesticide residue” cooperation group
- Member of National “serious chemical threats” cooperation group
Topic of presentation:
Working with food fraud mitigating procedures and verification - a manufacturer perspective. Nestlé will be presenting how the company works to mitigate the risk of food fraud, and maintain a high integrity of food.